PC and Mobile Zone
Click to Login Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PC and Mobile Zone
Click to Login Smile
PC and Mobile Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hackers using fake YouTube pages to attack computers

+3
adj1993
injamul_ahmed
kaisser
7 posters

Go down

Hackers using fake YouTube pages to attack computers Empty Hackers using fake YouTube pages to attack computers

Post by kaisser Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Deceptive YouTube attack evolving as it spreads on the Internet is part of a growing trend of hackers to prowl popular online social networking communities in which people trustingly share web links and mini-programs.

"We are seeing tools like this not just for YouTube, but for MySpace, Facebook, America Online instant messaging ...," Trend Micro software threat research manager Jamz Yaneza told AFP on Thursday.

"All the various social networking sites have been hit with some page or another."

Hackers using the YouTube attack send people links to what are said to be must-see snippets at the Google-owned video-sharing website.

The links, instead, connect to convincingly realistic replicas of YouTube pages and tell people that a software update is needed to view a requested video.

Agreeing to the update lets the hacker install malicious software that could log keystrokes, steal data, or even take over people's computers, according to David Perry of Trend Micro.

Victims are not likely to catch onto the invasion since the hackers' software is able to stealthily link to the real YouTube website and play a promised video.

"This works as your typical drive-by download," Yaneza said of hackers planting malicious software in machines while rerouting online traffic.

"Essentially this can be used as a tool to serve up everything -- botnets, key loggers. Visually, you can't differentiate this from your regular YouTube page, it is done so well."

While some computer users might be able to spy something unusual about the online address, or "URL," of a bogus page, the safest thing to do is not trust links and instead go directly to YouTube for recommended videos.

"The reason they are using YouTube now is that during the elections we are looking at YouTube a lot," Perry said of hackers. "It is using social networking software in an anti-social way -- anti-social networking."

So my lovelys i warmly recommend you to change Ur passwords for YouTube accounts also not to click on videos provided from 3 party...use only videos you find directly viva youtube. Rockon

Source of informations:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
kaisser
kaisser
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Hackers using fake YouTube pages to attack computers Empty Re: Hackers using fake YouTube pages to attack computers

Post by injamul_ahmed Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks for the info.. I'll change my password from Youtube Wink

Topic move to Announcement section Good or Thumbs up
injamul_ahmed
injamul_ahmed
Administrator
Administrator

SMC :  Hackers using fake YouTube pages to attack computers 2nd

Back to top Go down

Hackers using fake YouTube pages to attack computers Empty Re: Hackers using fake YouTube pages to attack computers

Post by adj1993 Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Yeah and its same in Facebook and orkut . Dont try external links mainly free recharge trick etc Smile
adj1993
adj1993
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naheun Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:06 pm

no need to worry , i use from mobile
Naheun
Naheun
Admins
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by kaisser Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:19 pm

@injamul_ahmed
ur most welcome

@adj1993
yeah i know..personally i belive some pepole lead boreing life...but i personally blame everythingh on penta up sexual frustrastion..i mean can't those pepole get laid....HEHEHEHEHEEHHEEHH
yes i know u are goona bann me BUT IT WAS WORTH IT. Rockon

@Naheun
Ever heardh for virus in mobile??????

@injamul_ahmed

thanxs for doing the dirty job for me luv Laughing

Last edited by injamul_ahmed on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double Posts !!)
kaisser
kaisser
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by adj1993 Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:39 pm

@Kaiser plz dont do double post . Simply edit you post
adj1993
adj1993
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaisser Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:05 pm

@adj1993
i would dear..but u see i i'm expirixcing tehinhal troubole thre is no icon or option for deltion of post...i'm not seeing that...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kaisser
kaisser
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by adj1993 Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 pm

The pen icon on right side is for edit and garbage icon is for deleting post Good or Thumbs up
adj1993
adj1993
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Naheun Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 pm

@kaiser ,what can mobile virus do much? But a pc virus can do much harm.
Naheun
Naheun
Admins
Admins

Back to top Go down

Post by injamul_ahmed Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:19 pm

kaisser wrote:
@injamul_ahmed

thanxs for doing the dirty job for me luv Laughing

I don't understand Wacko
injamul_ahmed
injamul_ahmed
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by al-sagban Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 pm

good information
thanks dear friend Good or Thumbs up
al-sagban
al-sagban
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by luvfist Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:41 pm

thanks for da info kaiser...
luvfist
luvfist
Administrator
Administrator

Awards : TMC WEEK-1

Back to top Go down

Post by adj1993 Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:59 pm

injamul_ahmed wrote:
kaisser wrote:
@injamul_ahmed

thanxs for doing the dirty job for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't understand [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thats her way of saying thanks Razz
adj1993
adj1993
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelxsavio Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:02 am

Best Way to stay safe on the internet is to place your mouse over the link and check if the link matches the one in the browsers status bar..
Angelxsavio
Angelxsavio
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaisser Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:44 pm

uh....so manny replays..were to start from???

@to everyone
ur most welcome it was my pleasure to share this pice of information with u my lovellyes. luv

@
adj1993

yes baby...i said i'm blond not blind...it menas in this particular thread i can't see icons presented as reycele bin or pencile Crying or Very sad
so my lovelly bos u will,i'm soory but will have to either fix that glitch or edit yourself ..but i see sombodey has already done so ...hehehe8) Smile

and yes that is my way of saying thank you verry much. Razz

@injamul_ahmed
my lovelly friend u moved thread in coresppoding section for me..that's why i said thanxs...and thanxs for editing again my post...i bet now u are ploting how to get rid of me cuz i cause more nausice than actuelly worth...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

@Naheun
baby if u have registred ur mob net under ur real name....and u have latest fashinoballey gizmo pet....u know those are easilly tracabale....same as pc portals.....and i still suggest some precaustions...and get anti virus for ur mob my dear friend.

@Angelxsavio

thank you for aditional info
Smile Smile Smile
kaisser
kaisser
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by injamul_ahmed Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:19 pm

@kaisser
Cheek Kiss Razz
injamul_ahmed
injamul_ahmed
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaisser Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:43 pm

@injamul_ahmed

kaisser
kaisser
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down